- class neoscore.western.meter.Meter
A time signature graphical meter comprising two lists of glyphs.
Users are recommended to use the
Meter.numeric()constructor, which provides a convenient way to create standard meters. The direct constructor is mostly useful for writing more exotic meters, supporting arbitrary glyphs.
If only a single line of text is needed for the meter (as with the common time “C”), it should go in
lower_text_glyph_namesshould be left empty.
- upper_text_glyph_names: List[str]
- lower_text_glyph_names: List[str]
- classmethod numeric(upper: Union[int | List[int]], lower: int) Meter
Create a meter with upper and lower numbers.
The upper number can be a single number, or a list of them.
Lists of numbers will be treated as additive time signatures where each upper number is joined by a plus sign. This is useful for time signatures like
[3 + 2 + 3] / 8.
- __init__(upper_text_glyph_names: List[str], lower_text_glyph_names: List[str]) None